Intrinsically Safe Humidity and Temperature Sensor E+E Elektronik EE100Ex
- ATEX Zone 1
- Wall mount
- Robust sensing head
- Inspection certificate according to DIN EN 10204 – 3.1
- IP65 aluminum enclosure
The Intrinsically Safe Humidity and Temperature Sensor E+E Elektronik EE100Ex is certified ATEX Zone 1 use for hazardous areas. Backed up with IECEx approval. The EE100Ex intrinsically safe sensor measures reliably relative humidity (RH) and temperature (T) in explosion hazard areas.
Measurement Performance: Beside of the very robust sensing head, the proprietary sensor protection and encapsulated measurement electronics inside the probe, the EE100Ex stands for best accuracy and long term stability over the working range 0…100 % RH and -40…60 °C (-40…140 °F).
Reliable in Harsh Environment: It means that the entire device can be placed in explosion hazardous area. Due to the rugged metal IP65 enclosure and the choice of filter caps, the EE100Ex performs reliably in a wide range of demanding applications such as utility tunnels, hazardous storage rooms or pharmaceutical industries.
Power Supply and Outputs: The device can be powered by any intrinsically safe power source or via Zener barriers. Beside RH and T, the EE100Ex calculates the dew point (Td) and frost point (Tf) temperature. The measured data is available on two galvanic isolated 4…20 mA, 2-wire outputs.
Protective Sensor Coating
- The E+E proprietary sensor coating is a permeable layer applied to the active surface of the RH sensing element. The coating extends substantially the life-time and the measurement performance of the E+E sensor in corrosive environment. Additionally, it improves the long term stability in dusty and dirty applications by preventing stray impedance caused by deposits on the active sensor surface.
- Explosive, hazardous storage rooms
- Utility tunnels
- Pharmaceutical industry
|Measurement range||0...100 % RH|
|Accuracy1)||20...30 °C (68...86 °F)||RH ≤ 90 %||±2 % RH|
|(incl. hysteresis, non-linearity and repeatability)||20...30 °C (68...86 °F)||RH > 90 %||±3 % RH|
|-20...40 °C (-4...104 °F)||±3 % RH|
|Measurement range||-40...60 °C (-40...140 °F)|
|Accuracy at 20 °C (68 °F)||±0.2 °C (±0.36 °F)|
|Calculated parameters2)||Dew point temperature [Td]|
|Frost point temperature [Tf]|
|Analogue outputs||2 x 4...20 mA, 2-wire, configurable|
|Supply voltage UV|
|From intrinsically safety barrier||11 V + RL * 0.02 A < Uv < 28 V DC||(RL = load resistor)|
|Safety factors||Ui=28V; Ii=100mA; Pi=700mW; Ci = 2.2nF; Li ≈ 0mH|
|Electrical connection||Screw terminals, max. 1.5 mm²|
|Cable glands||M16 x 1.5, brass, nickel plated|
|Operation||-40...60 °C (-40...140 °F)|
|Storage||-20...60 °C (-4...140 °F)|
|Enclosure||Aluminium (Al Si9 Cu3)|
|Safety area installation||EPL:Gb (Gas - Zone 1)|
|Ex Certificates||ATEX II 2G Ex ia IIB T4 Gb|
|IECEx Ex ia IIB T4 Ta = -40°C to 60°C Gb|
|Electromagnetic compatibility according||EN61326-1 EN61326-2-3|
Intrinsically Safe Humidity and Temperature Sensor E+E Elektronik EE100Ex Certifications:
- Intrinsically Safe Humidity and Temperature Sensor E+E Elektronik EE100Ex ATEX Certificate
- Intrinsically Safe Humidity and Temperature Sensor E+E Elektronik EE100Ex IECEx Certificate