Kooltronic HL40LV Explosion Proof Air Conditioner is Class 1 Division 1 and Class 1 Division 2 certified to use in hazardous areas. With NEMA 4/4x ratings. The robust engineering, industrial-grade construction, and UL Listing are the reasons that the Kooltronic Hazardous Location Series Air Conditioners provide the durability and safety required by hazardous location applications.
HL40LV Series has been granted a patent by the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office (U.S. Patent No. 9,157,670 B2). All electrical components are located in a sealed pressurized compartment, representing a major advance in safety and reliability.
Use of the electrical enclosure’s existing purge system and the use of general-purpose components reduces both upfront and maintenance expenses.
Single-phase and three-phase HL40LV units can provide up to 6,000 BTU/H of heat. Programmable thermostat and compressor short cycling guard are among the typical features. Compared to typical hazardous sites, these units are more affordable and easier to maintain. These corrosive- and hazardous-gas-resistant stainless steel components are ideal for a variety of industrial applications.
- All models UL Listed per UL 484, Special Purpose Air Conditioners
- All models UL Recognized per NFPA 496: 2013, Purged and Pressurized Enclosures for Electrical Equipment
- Meets NEC Class 1 Division 1, Groups A, B, C & D Hazardous Locations when used with an approved Type X Purge System on the electrical enclosure.
- Meets NEC Class 1 Division 2, Groups A, B, C & D Hazardous Locations when used with an approved Type Z Purge System on the electrical enclosure.
- Temperature Classification is T-4, 275°F/135°C
- Maintains NEMA Type 12, 3R & 4/4X Ratings per UL 50, Cabinets and Boxes
- 40″H x 12″W x 16″D Unit Dimension without pallet
- 48″H x 30″W x 35″D Unit Dimension with pallet
- 150 lbs Unit Weight with pallet
- Closed-Loop Cooling
- Compressor Short Cycle Protector
- Interior and Exterior Purge Connections
- Internal Corrosion Protection
- 1-year Factory Warranty
- Made in the USA
|95/95 Rating BTU/H||5770||5770||5770|
|Running Amps 125ºF/125ºF||12.2||7.5/6.5||6.5|
|Pressurized Compartment Volume cu. ft.||2.4||2.4||2.4|
|Air Leakage @ 0.25 i.w.g. Pressure CFM||0.1||0.1||0.1|
- Operator Manual
- Hazardous Location Series Brochure
- NEMA Enclosure Rating
- Condensate Evaporator Kits
- Condensation and Electronics
- Hazardous Location Series White Paper
- Lifespan and Reliability of Electrical Components
- General Arrangement Drawing
- Wiring Diagram – Ladder
- Wiring Diagram – Point to Point